Sunday, March 18, 2012

JPop Fest: The Grand Event! [UPDATED]

I'm lazy to do a proper post so I'll post this draft here and fix everything later :D 

And so, my throat (and wallet) survived the first ever Philippines JPop Fest and I actually had fun. It’s great to see fellow Arashians and JPop enthusiasts in the event. What’s more amazing is to see them actually perform on stage.

Various local JPop Fans Club (FC as we call them) did a short introduction and presentation of their clubs. I wasn’t able to get pics or videos of it since I arrived late. There are more than 10 clubs and all are accepting members to join.

I never thought the “Band Battle Royale” would last THAT long… Most fans are eager to start the JPop Dance competition. Out of the band performances, my favorite would be NEXT’s cover of SMAP’s “Kimi iro Omoi” (Akazukin Cha-cha). I miss that song! I was enjoying a lot that I forgot to take a vid of the first part. Lolz!

NEXT – Kimi iro Omoi (SMAP)

Read on for more info during the event!

Congratulations to the winners of the following Categories:

Most Popular FC: Arashi Philippines (APh)

Best Group Performance: Perfume (w/ Jewel and gang)
Sorry girls! I forgot the name of your group but if you would kindly send me your group name and members via email/text message, I’ll be more than willing to add it up.
Kirei Nigyou. Members: Jewel, Dyan, Jenpi. Thanks for the update Jewel! Amazingly cute dance number. You won even the fanboys’ hearts ♥♥♥

Perfume Medley

Best Solo Performance: Kevin Legaspi (JE Medley)
He totally surprised me when he did his “Himitsu” cover during an Arashi event and seeing him do Riida’s “Top Secret” is something else! He did the JE medley with confidence! His performance started late but I’m really glad that I decided to stay and watch his performance!

JE Medley Pt. 01
JE Medley Pt. 02

The winners of the solo and group performance are Arashians and that makes me a proud fan. Kevin’s actually from Baguio so he travelled a total of 12 hours just to attend and perform at the event. KUDOS!!! Congratz guys!!! Sempai’s proud of you ♥♥♥

Here are some of the other performances from the JPop Fest. Sorry if I wasn’t able to get a full video/clip of the other performances. I’m saving my phone’s battery life.

There’s also a fashion show competition. Please forgive my camera’s crappy “zoom” and my poor photography skills.

In all, the event was a huge success! I just hope this JPop Fest would be an annual event and I also hope they would not end up so late (especially since the event was held on a Sunday).

KUDOS TO THE ORGANIZERS AND PARTICIPANTS! I hope for another round of JPop Fest!

2 comments:

  1. Ang taas ng takong ng isa (Perfume Medley) in fairness!!!! :D (More comments to come)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uu! Amazed kami sa takong ng mga nag-perform ng PERFUME songs.

      Delete